Friday, March 4, 2011

Working with Hempfield Students







I am still in the process of working on my residency with Hempfield Elementary School. I worked on Thursday with 6 classes ranging from Kindergarden to 5th grade. The students were excited to get their small porcelain tile pieces back and made those pieces into necklaces with the help of Mrs. Hirshberg.

Our next projects involves putting together our clay mosaic works. Rick and I fired a little over 900 pieces in the past two weeks and those pieces are ready when I come back in April. The other project involves the entire school once again. We have started designing our Alphabet that will be painted onto canvas pieces. Our hopes are to use Mixed Media to represent an Alphabet that is exciting and fun to view.

My main goal with the Alphabet project is to teach the students of all the grades the importance of pattern, texture, color and symbolism. We hope to have this final 26 pieces hang proudly in the school library.

No comments:

Post a Comment