Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Forest Hills Middle School Residency

Here I am at Forest Hills Middle School.  I will post more photos of the finished watercolors later this week.  Right now I am working with Art Teacher Lucille Honkus for 20 days with grades 7-9.  This is Lucille's retirement year and we will all really miss her!

The 7th and 8th graders are finishing their watercolors based on animal, plant and bird imagery.  I borrow the meanings from Ted Andrew's book Animal Speak as well as my own research based on Victorian Times and the language of flowers.  Each student selects 5 adjectives to describe themselves and then renders a drawing based on these images.









The 9th grade project involves us in teams working on large scale canvas paintings that will hand proudly in the cafeteria.  Of course Lucille and I had to do one that talks about the arts!  More photos and jargon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment