Thursday, February 25, 2010

IUP interpretations of a story


My time with the IUP students has been very interesting. Dr. Purnell has included me completely in her class so I feel a little like a student again. The women in the class have gotten their school assignments and met with their prospective teachers once already. This Friday the women in our class will be conducting a "Meet and Greet" with their various classes in their second stage of student teaching.
One of my favorite stories is called "Arrow to the Sun" and after reading it aloud in the class, I "quizzed" the students and asked for their visual response to the book. It was fun to watch their drawings emerge.

I also had a chance to have some studio time at IUP. I set up my easel and paints and worked on one of my paintings that is part of a series that will be on display in Corolla, NC in the late spring. One of the projects I am working on with the students will be a mosaic and clay piece that we will work on as a team and display in the Dean of Education Office. Tune in the next few weeks to watch our progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment