Friday, October 12, 2012

Altoona After School Arts

So fall begins in 2012 with the beauty of the sunsets and the folliage colors in the leaves.  It is already October and I am not even sure how many years I have been doing a residency for Altoona After School Arts.  What I do know is that this year I feel particularly lucky to have such a great group of students.

Our goals this year are to learn some processes in clay sculpture and being able to transform our work into personal mosaic projects.  I teach some basic skills in learning out to sculpte and add to the the stoneware clay I use.  Since we only have two weeks (10 days) we are actually going to single fire the clay works in my kiln here at the house.  Next week the students will get to work on a personal sculpture other than their mosaic project.







The things I like to see in this class are the friendly and helpful attitudes.  It has been a joy to be around this group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment