Monday, May 4, 2015

Pottery

My friend Kate 
in offering her home to me
for the next little while
surprised me with a piece of pottery
wood fired so many years ago
and signed
To Martha, Love Rick Page
I had carved Oak leaves in the piece
and I realized it is the only pottery
I can call my own made by him
Kate says to fill it up with all my happy moments
here in PA
contented dogs
smiles from children
calls from NC asking when I am coming home
they say home is where the heart is
every visit to the beach, I will listen for the rhythm of his heart
pushing me to keep on going
to create my new home with new family
in this dawning of the age of Aquarius
I remain ever grateful for those who help me
and also, those who show me
that I too can become stronger
living it day by day

No comments:

Post a Comment