Monday, May 4, 2015

Sweet Dreams

Two years ago
I spent the weekend
at this b and b with friends
and Rick Page
It was spring time and although optimistic
ended up riding our bikes through a sleet storm
We had wine and cheese and hot showers
I am here at the same b and b
teaching and staying in the same room
On my way back from school
I felt his loss as I always do
no phone call to see how the day went
just salty tears to remind me
that grief is real
it comes unexpectedly
I am staying in a beautiful place
without him
It seems impossible that I no longer have him
I do though have our shared dreams and aspirations
He is just visible in my heart and thoughts
I will do all I can to make both of us proud of
who we were and who we are
Always wishing you sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment