Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More from Latrobe High School



After dislocating my thumb on my right hand this weekend, I have discovered that I paint pretty well with my left hand. I am working on a piece at school before the students come into class and apparently, Ms. Ross has dibs on it when I complete it tomorrow at school. The student work is progressing nicely and based on 45 minute classes, I am duly impressed with how much work we have accomplished in such a short amount of time. Most of the color work is really good and I think the basic attitude is good with the students. I think it is always an eye opener how difficult an Impressionist piece of work really is for any painter.

I am planning on taking photos of each work tomorrow and I apologize as I was a bit shaky today taking shots. I hope to be a bit steadier tomorrow. It is amazing how much we really need our thumbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment